Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween has come and gone again...

I'm still selling skulls and i think I should be creating a set. I start to create a set then I run out of money and sell props off. I'm thinking now of stream lining things. Introduce a neutral background that contrasts well with black, add maybe a chair, candelabra, side table for a drink perhaps and me!



I keep thinking that I need to create some Tales from the Crypt type set. I think I should just start out simple and let destiny or the future decide whether I can expand.

I do know this in a matter of a few days I can easily create some ghoulish props! I'm going to sell my corpses to clean off my credit cards. I feel no loss because with them being static objects just for show I know the art was what I did not necessarily what I would up with. Now that's not to say everyone else has to feel the same way. To the contrary, they are free to purchase my creations so that i may attend to my creation fix once again.

I do think I should not stick to one character. That i think would be boring. However I do think in character creation certain elements should be included. Grotesque, androgyny, macabre sense of humor. I really see nothing special about the "stunt man" stars that have been created since Halloween. In that first movie the music was the star not Michael Myers yet all these years later people refer to him by first name along with the other dope Jason. I'd even argue that the atmosphere of Camp Crystal Lake was the star and not the Hockey player carrying a machete.

What's so intimidating about the obvious? Now take a character that's a little more sinister, a little more diabolical who would prefer to slowly torture his victims than run them through with one blow and you have a more interesting dynamic. Combine images of masculinity and femininity and you have confusion. It's confusion that scares you. You know things that go bump in the night? If Jason is coming after you you're probably not going to get turned on in any sort of a way. Despite his slow menacing pace you wont find anything to confuse your emotions. In all those slasher films you never get the sense he's the bad guy. He's just there. The reasons given for his presence are ridiculous. A kids watches his sister dress and accidentally murders her with an onslaught of psycho phallic blows sending him into catatonia. The other dope accidentally drowns so he comes back to murder all camp visitors?

I want people to say WTF! I want them to see my makeup and think Grotesque, then see my legs and get confused! I want them to hate me so much they have to tune in. After a while they'll begin to love my brand of Creature Double Feature. anything new takes getting used to.




No comments: