Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Amazon wishlist sucks

Problem is most of the crap on Amazon is small over priced junk. One who appreciates the sonic value of high quality musical equipment cannot possibly assemble a wishlist of any significance utilizing that site. Much of the problems probably has to do with fees. It's very expensive to sell on amazon 15% last time I checked.

You see it makes no sense for a small company especially to deal with them or a store that deals with high competition.

Even when you can find certain brands it's always the department store effect which is not a lot of variety. Case and point Apple. Now while there are people selling Apple computers on there they don't cover all the models. After all this is a wish list so I get to reach for the stars not have to settle for limitation in my fantasy. That is not how day dreamers carry on. Once I see I can have a 12 core with solid state drives, 64 GB's of spam I mean ram and a 27 inch cinema display I'm gonna configure that fucker to my heart's content.

Just to prove I'm not a total fascist when I look for guitar amps while it might be fun to add a vintage re-issue from Fender I'm quite sure I'd prefer a Dr. Z.You wont find Dr. Z on Amazon. That goes for a whole lotta stop boxes. while you might find a few you'd like to dream about you wont find hardly any you'd want to cream about.

Certainly if you're busy day dreaming you want an Apogee interface as well as several new microphone preamps, microphones, etc. The variety and specialty just wont be there.

Don't get me started on guitars. Suppose I want to wish for a new Taylor 12 string guitar but I want it to be rather unique and perhaps from Wildwood Guitars...They actually sell the guitar pictured rather than show a stock photo. I aint gonna find that more than likely on Amazon.

Amazon is clearly standing in the way of day dream engineers such as myself.

No comments: