Friday, September 21, 2012

Lycos takes 2 months to answer a DMCA take down notice

Should they compensate me for ignoring my DMCA take down notice?   My outbox indicates I sent it. If I sent it I think they probably got it. I used the same address before 2 years ago to complain about the same person. He simply created a new site on Angelfire which is owned by Lycos.

So I get this form letter stating the case is closed and if there is anything more I need contact them. This comes after the letter saying they removed the content in a timely manner. 2 months is not timely.

I told them to fork over some dough. I think they should too.

I mean why should I be denied rights and royalty?  I bet he's busy making a new site i wont see for another 2 years.

You lose the safe harbor provision in the DMCA when you ignore take down notices. Lycos should compensate me. 10's and 20's are fine but lots of em.

I mean why should I struggle to pay my bills or not have enough money to buy the music equipment I need?   Why should I be budgeting when I look at Wah Wah pedals?  I should just be able to order anyone I want. I shouldn't have to create a composite sale to raise enough dough to buy 1 item. I should be able to just pick the model I want out. Speaking of picks I started getting interesting in experimenting with them. I shouldn't have to sit there and sift through to see what kind of experimentation I can afford I should just be able to buy the picks I want. Hell I should be able to have a gold pick made. I wont stop there though. I shouldn't have to think about which key of harmonica to order I should just be able to order all the keys I desire. If I want a new computer and want to try an Apple this time I should just be able to pick up the phone and order a 12 core monster.

I am prohibited from this because people steal from me. I'm prohibited from this because places like Lycos and Pirate Bay ignore take down notices and others take my music and sell it on Ebay without giving me credit.

In other words the last thing I should be concerned about is money.

No comments: