Thursday, August 16, 2012

Has grown quite tired of Guitar Rig

It was fun for a while until I started playing higher and faster and it pretty much just craps out. I know there's a big difference between guitar amp modeling and my Vox Pathfinder but I sometimes crave filter effects and don't have any in the analog state right now.

Along with Guitar Rig I'm sick of these M-Audio speakers...they might make better sneakers if I wore a size 4 but as far as handling bass or high pitched twang...they can't hang in there. Unfortunately I don't have a bass amp or a tube guitar amp with a large enough presence...although my vox really does try....A nice 4x10 cab would be nice...as well as a 2x12...speakers matter...why even a 1x12 would also be useful.

Another reason I don't practice with my Vox much is I'll just wear it out and it sounds so good too...Also despite being only about 7 watts it is certainly loud....Get the Fuzz on the neck pick up and the house does shake a bit. Yeah sure my 120 watt Jazz Chorus is much louder but not nearly as sweet.

So you just won the lottery and don't know what to do with the money?   I'll send a shopping list.

No comments: