Saturday, August 4, 2012

Concentrate on gardening and the attacks come on ebay

Last few days have been very hot. Mid 90's and sunny for the most part. I tilled a 12'x4' bed and removed potatoes, did the same to a 3'x8' bed as well as an odd bed around 7'x7' or more. Worked slow release fertilizer into all and added weed guard and sowed broccoli and cauliflower.

I started another new bed 5'x12' and worked in peat moss, cow manure and added weed guard , fertilizer. I also cleared a 15'x20' bed of potatoes and sowed 5 lbs of peas. I also worked in slow release fertilizer and 2 bales of peat most layered on top. I fixed my green house and cleaned it up a bit. From all the beds I must have moved 8 cu yards of compost on my shoulder in a trash barrel.

In other words I worked my fucking ass off. Every time I walk inside I get all these attack emails from users on ebay with feedback scores of zero saying how i've been reported and blah blah. I haven't had time to edit and between my former distributor under cutting me and ebay reducing my search standing getting the fall garden in order was WAYYYYY more important.

I actually had control over my garden. I have no control over back stabbers. I expect pests in a garden. I expect weeds. So I try to take proactive measure to reduce them. I can't control those with all the chips 1000's of miles away. I can only rely on my will and my shoulder to see things get done and I accomplish my goals. It's the games that prevent me from obtaining my goals. Bugs and weeds don't really play games. if you serve what they want they'll come. The only way to prevent them from arriving at your door step with a bib, fork and knife is to trick them up. Change the crops around to confuse them. Plant crops they don't like. If they're attacking below ground plant something like peas and beans and they'll go away.

Good luck trying to stop the trouble makers out in Halloween land. Good luck thinking anyone is independent. Most things are connected. Try something different and the bugs will adapt. It's all very ruthless and criminal..then again we are talking about chicago and I don't garden there.

No comments: