Sunday, November 25, 2012

Vintage Aria HF5102T Electric Guitar Made In Japan 1970's

Ebay Guitar Auction!!!


You're bidding on an Aria HF5102T Electric Guitar. Modeled after an ES-335 this guitar features a double cut away, laminated maple body, bolt on maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 2 p-90 style pickups, 3 way switch(short needs to be repaired. No access from the back will be a little tricky without the proper Luthier tools), Bigsby style Tremolo roller bridge. 

This guitar will need a little work. Aside from a new set up I believe the best thing for someone to do is upgrade the tuners and swap out the bridge with a hard tail piece. This will eliminate a lot of tuning issues I found. New strings help in that area as well but I'm not the 1st to offer this solution or to perform it. I'd rate the tuners with Kluson types which is not very complimentary. If someone gave me a 1959 Les Paul Standard I'd replace the tuners. Even if I paid $50,000 for the guitar I would replace the tuners. Vintage is great for vibe but in function it's best to introduce some practicality. 

Guitar is currently without it's original case but a padded gig bag will be included for shipping. That is part of the shipping cost. Guitar will ship UPS ground unless a request for a faster service is made and will be fully insured. 


No comments: