Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Really really sick of relying on others to ship my orders

I can't even sleep because all i keep thinking about is how the reputation I built as a seller is being tarnished by those who don't give a fuck. I can't put a finger on things because I'm not there in the warehouse but things went from all my orders out the next day to they'll get around to it.

I remember very well when I 1st started selling for them there was this perception in their mind that 5 days to ship an item was okay. I worked very hard to push them and introduce them to the idea fast shipping results in greater sales. I think this is common sense. The entire retail industry is shifting in this direction. So they followed suit and my sales increased. Now they're back to leisurely shipping my orders and I don't know what to tell customers. If you're under the impression orders would go out the next day if not the same day because that is how it was or become and you've conveyed this to customers that is how it will be and it turns out to be not there is a serious problem.

The problem is much worse than this though. Selling on ebay in particular has changed. They now demand 1 day shipping or else you get penalized in search standings and in the wallet. Over the course of a year this can result in thousands of dollars not to mention the damaged reputation as your feedback is littered with bad comments.

It's really insulting to me because despite not handling these parcels I feel I played a role by pushing people by showing them how a company can grow by doing the right things. It's a slap in the face when all this changes overnight.

I can theorize as to why this is happening. Either someone is deliberately sabotaging my orders to help perhaps another reseller or staff changes don't understand.

Either way it is intolerable. I do not deserve such treatment after all the sales I generated for them over the years. When I think of this I start to really think sabotage is in order. Couple weeks ago they got a container coming in and orders started shipping save for all my old orders which got delayed a week. Someone just decided to ship everyone else's orders including new orders of my own and forsake customers waiting over a month and in some cases several months.

Simply sending the customer a cheap keyring does nothing to make up for not shipping their order in a timely fashion. That customer isn't going to hate them they're going to hate me and that really disturbs me. This is what I get for relying on others. I complain orders from last week hadn't been shipped and they ignore my concerns and take the weekend off. Then for a kick in the crotch they don't ship things on Monday!

I do not see how I can continue to sell for them anymore. It's pretty obvious they don't like me anymore if they even did at all. What they don't realize is I am highly suspicious of what has been going on and if someone wants to play the sabotage game I will play too.


No comments: