Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rare Hondo BZ-100 Formula 1 Series Electric Bass (Vintage mid 80's)

This a Hondo BZ-100 Formula 1 Series Electric Bass guitar. I believe it is from the mid 80's. Very hard to find information on this bass. This guitar needs a little work with the electronics. There appears to be some shorts. It sounds okay and certainly pickups could be upgraded along with electronics. It plays fine and doesn't have a lot cheap feel like a squire if you will. There is some wear to bass(scratches, dings, back of neck is worn etc). I'd say someone played this a lot if they took the paint of the neck. It's possible someone sanded it too but that is not something I know. So with a little work this bass would be a good choice for someone who likes projects or is just getting into bass. This is a fairly rare collectible bass as well. It reminds me in some ways as a kissing cousin to my Mako Telecaster from the same period. It is a quality starter guitar. I think this is a quality(with improvements)starter bass. Hey the kid ridding his bike last night as I was taking pictures did yell out "Cool guitar"!  Kids are very honest and his dad plays drums. Bass with ship UPS ground and be fully insured or you can pick it up. 

No comments: