Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I think I'm in the wrong business

Although I rarely got credit for the sales I created people sure did copy me over the years. It's really amazing how much advice I gave was taken and implemented as policy. Most of my ideas and concepts went through one person who has dropped off the face of the earth leaving me with someone who doesn't understand the little things. I'm right back where I started it would seem.

I can remember when I 1st started selling prostitutes to politicians I mean Halloween props on Ebay it was 'otay if it took 5 days for an order to be processed at one facility. To me this was outrageous. I didn't quite understand it. The only thing I could figure is orders were being held until a backlogged quantity was realized so they could negotiate a new rate. The other facility thought 48 hours was okay. To me it was totally unacceptable.  I strongly believed there was no excuse to dilly dally when I worked in factories where I had to process 200 items an hour!

Another problem I have is the lack of continuity and logic I continue to find. I need order in order to create a business plan. I need to be able to rely on shopping carts to set prices. I can't play email tag for days while customers wait.

My concept is pretty simple. Accurate pictures, descriptions, and prices. Fast processing and shipping. If you say you don't make money on shipping, prove it!  I know prices. I also know how to negotiate better ones. Don't sit there and act like things can't be done. The threat of taking your entire business to a competitor will make a shipper stand up and take notice. I spent 5 figures on shipping last year. Some people made a lot of profit on that. The least they could do is be transparent with me.

I don't like to keep customers waiting unnecessarily. I don't like to wait as a customer and neither does anyone else. I realize based on experience not speculation people often have plans in place for whatever they order. The last thing I want to do is interfere by delaying them.

I'm really pissed off right now. I can't get any help it would seem. I am better than this.

No comments: