Thursday, January 3, 2013

Skeleton Store in violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act?

The Sherman Antitrust Act is summed up like so:


This Act outlaws all contracts, combinations, and conspiracies that unreasonably restrain interstate and foreign trade. This includes agreements among competitors to fix prices, rig bids, and allocate customers, which are punishable as criminal felonies.

The Sherman Act also makes it a crime to monopolize any part of interstate commerce. An unlawful monopoly exists when one firm controls the market for a product or service, and it has obtained that market power, not because its product or service is superior to others, but by suppressing competition with anticompetitive conduct.
The Act, however, is not violated simply when one firm's vigorous competition and lower prices take sales from its less efficient competitors; in that case, competition is working properly.

Although I just filed another better business bureau complaint against them(mostly because one of the Chicago bbb representatives told me a while back if they willfully misrepresented themselves and if they offered you cash back they would attempt to resolve the matter). I think the federal government might be a better solution. 
I mean it's pretty ridiculous the way they lied to me over and over when they knew it didn't take rocket science to prove certain things. Telling me their managing director was another reseller was pretty egregious. What's more telling though is how they consistently put everything in writing whether they knew it or not. All one had to do was crunch the numbers and rationalize their irrational behavior. 
I complained their managing director was undercutting me so they took their sweet time and on September 11th 2011 they raised the prices and condescendingly said something along the lines now it's done for the busiest time of the year. I was busy 9 months and 11 days before that!  My sales were also slow until that date. 
The year before they told me they didn't know who some guy was who this past summer said he was anatomical worldwide. He put that in writing. The year before that they claimed they didn't know the guy who makes their custom props sold on ebay. He was under cutting me. Funny around the same time I accidentally set my prices too low I got yelled at. Hmmm... They didn't know he sold on ebay but watched me like a hawk?  
I mean just this past summer they told me they didn't charge up on shipping and charged no handling fee. Any idiot knows volume sellers get shipping discounts. Fedex offered me more than 30% off published rates. Yet they insisted. Shipping prices do not go down, EVER. You can go on any of their sites and see the prices and compare what they charged me. I have all that information. I've filmed it recently comparing their Skeleton Factory site to their Skeleton Store site to their now ebay page. The proof is their. 
And what will all of it prove?  That skeleton store aka skeleton factory aka awwstores aka anatomical worldwide not to be confused with anatomical chart company who they have an unfair monopoly contract with had a system in place to drive traffic to their retail sites and make money off of so called resellers by charging them more than skeleton factory whom they advertise like crazy on google adwords. They didn't have to really sell on ebay(but did)because I was selling well enough but now that I was out of the way it forced them to sell direct because their sales were down. Just the same most resellers probably don't know awwstores is skeleton store. 
Should we get into the whole Chicago bbb fraud?  How about using an accredited badge on their websites for years?  How about having numerous entries despite being the same company?  Can you say they willfully mislead resellers into thinking there was only one company with no aliases?  
I believe the Sherman antitrust act has been violated here. I know at the very least I was ripped off and stabbed in the back after I worked so hard for them. Their arrogance prevents them from acknowledging that right now. One thing they will soon come to realize...the devil will be in their lives for a long long time....Time to pay up. Time for the devil to collect. 

No comments: